Sunday, November 26, 2006

Manelloni/Cannelotti

After reading both recipes I linked to, I decided to try a blend of both. In the cupboard, we had 6 regular manicotti shells and a box of oven-ready canneloni shells, so we made Manelloni/Cannelotti!

Filling:

• block of regular tofu
• thawed frozen spinach
• 1/2 red bell pepper
• about 5 button mushrooms
• 5 chopped and rehydrated sundried tomatoes
• splash of lime juice
• nutritional yeast
• a little FYH mozzarella
• lots of garlic
• italian herbs, with extra basil

After mashing the mix together, I put it in a freezer bag and cut a corner so it could be piped into the noodles. Of course, the bag kept opening up at the top and I made a mess of my apron, which is now drying in the shower :)

The sauce was made with 1 big can of diced tomatoes, 1 cup of leftover canned sauce, 1/2 a red bell pepper, italian herbs and garlic.

Manelloni/Cannelotti - in da bag

pipin' bag

Manelloni/Cannelotti - in da pan

messy in the pan

Manelloni/Cannelotti - fresh from the cookin'

all cooked

Manelloni/Cannelotti - on da plate

On the plate.

The texture was good and it was comforting, overall. Next time I make it, however, I think I'll add more garlic to the mix. I'll definitely make it again.

3 Comments:

At November 26, 2006 9:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, that is gorgeous. Sounds like a very yummy combination of ingredients! The sauce looks so good. :O)

 
At November 27, 2006 9:29 AM, Blogger vania said...

it really is gorgeous. i can't wait to make mine, everyone's looks so good!

 
At November 27, 2006 10:17 AM, Blogger Michelle said...

That looks really good! I've never actually seen cannelotti before. Which is better? I really don't remember the last time I ate manicotti.

Good for you with all your addings and piping bag!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home