Sunday, November 26, 2006

mmmmmanicotti

I'm not sure if I've ever had manicotti before, but I've been wanting to make it for a while. It looks so delicious. I just wasn't sure how the filling would be without cheese.

I opted to follow the VegCooking recipe, because it seemed a little simpler, and I can never find actually vegan soy parmesan.

Tofu, spinach, green onions, mushrooms, herbs.

Cooked noodles. These were actually a lot easier to work with than I would have thought.

I put some of the pasta sauce on the bottom of the pan before putting the noodles down, to keep them from sticking.


The noodles with sauce on top.

Out of the oven...

The finished product... so good. I will definitely be making this again.

I actually found the hardest part of the process to be taking the finished manicotti out of the pan. The filling would kind of shoot out of one end; I guess the recipe does day to way a little for it to cool down.

6 Comments:

At November 26, 2006 12:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That looks SO GOOD! I've never tried mushrooms or green onions in something like this. It really really looks tasty! :O)

 
At November 26, 2006 2:48 PM, Blogger Michelle said...

That DOES look yummy! I'm thinking of making the vegweb one, actually, though now I'm having second thoughts... mmmmm!

 
At November 26, 2006 5:20 PM, Blogger mishka said...

Yay! I'm about to start and I think the VegCooking one is the way to go (though with lots of garlic added...). Glad you liked it, stagflation :)

 
At November 26, 2006 5:28 PM, Blogger stagflation said...

I used a tomato sauce that was very garlicky (it was a president's choice one, i think it was called "spicy garlic" or something like that).

 
At November 26, 2006 8:23 PM, Blogger Carla said...

Looks so good and I am too lazy to make it tonight!

I've seen vegan parmesan around T-dot, maybe at Essence of Life, it's in the fridge in a clear plastic shaker.

 
At November 26, 2006 10:24 PM, Blogger stagflation said...

The stuff I see at places like Loblaws is always the kind with casein in it... Parmesan is one of those things I never missed enough to want to get a vegan version of, though.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home