Thursday, October 05, 2006

Pierogies with Cabbage


My mom makes this cabbage dish with tomatoes and onions. It's a traditional Serbian dish that i grew up eating but never really liked. So, on my visit home this weekend, she gave me some to bring back with me. And i thought, hey i should fill my pierogies with it!

So i did.

Big mistake. I love pieorgies with potatoes and onions. I should have just followed the recipe. At least i got to use my new mixer. And i saved some time by using ready-made filling.

We also used whole wheat flour and it added a 'too healthy' taste for me to see past the cabbage. Oh well, the topping of olive oil, nutritional yeast, and balsamic vinegar made up for it!

4 Comments:

At October 06, 2006 9:17 AM, Blogger stagflation said...

Nice looking sauce.

Does anybody have suggestions for this week?

 
At October 06, 2006 9:51 AM, Blogger Carla said...

Nutritional yeast and balsamic vinegar sauce sounds great! Sorry you were disappointed with the stuffing, they look good though.

Vania, you were in my dream last night -- we acted out a play and I forgot my line but you whispered it to me!

 
At October 06, 2006 10:13 AM, Blogger vania said...

Carla, i love i was in your dream and helping you out with your lines. Too funny!

 
At October 13, 2006 1:23 PM, Blogger Pamela said...

Love the stand mixer. :D I have one in red.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home