Tuesday, October 03, 2006

pierogi in the sky

I haven't had pierogi in maybe ten years, and I've probably only ever had them a few times to begin with. It wasn't that I didn't like them, they were just never really on my food radar.

I remember liking them, though, so I was pretty excited to make them for the cookalong.
I didn't really mess with the ingredients, though my three potatoes were bigger than medium, and so I now have a bunch of potato-filling in my fridge. Also, I added some nutritional yeast, just because.
I used this tortilla press that I don't actually use for tortillas. It did a good job of flattening the dough, and unlike when I tried to use it for tortillas, the dough didn't stick.


Here they are, frying.

Like the very first recipe we did, I know I will keep coming back to making these. They are really simple, and allow for a wide number of variations. Also, they are tasty.

3 Comments:

At October 04, 2006 9:49 AM, Blogger Carla said...

Dude, you have to try the pierogies at Sunny Cafe (in the back of Noah's at Bloor + Spadina).

I made too much filling, too. Made potato patties with it.

 
At October 04, 2006 11:53 PM, Blogger Ruthie said...

Love the tortilla press idea! Now I just have to gets me a tortilla press (very unlikely) :)

Whatd'ja serve them with?

 
At October 05, 2006 12:01 AM, Blogger stagflation said...

fake sour cream

 

Post a Comment

<< Home