Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Breast of tofu

Hi guys!

I've finally taken the time to upload pictures to my computer. So I marinated one block of tofu and managed to make 3 dinners (for two) with it. Unfortunately I only took pictures of the first dinner but I can tell it was delicious (and that's coming from a person who's not particularly fond of tofu). On the first occasion, I just fried the tofu in a non-stick pan and had it with coconut rice and topped the whole thing with sweet chili sauce. Here are the a couple of pictures:

The marinated tofu block...not too appetizing as such;)








Breast of tofu, coconut rice and sweet chili sauce








On the second occasion I made it; I fried the tofu with chopped garlic, the zest and juice of a lime, a chopped chili and some grated ginger. Really nice too:)

On the third occasion, I was totally tired and just wanted something NOW and didn't think it would turn out good but actually it did:) I fried the tofu and put it in a bun with avocado, pickles, tomatoes and had it with French fries. My non-vegetarian boyfriend loved it too.

This is definitely going to be a staple in my kitchen, I've already bought another package to marinate:)

3 Comments:

At January 29, 2008 4:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Don't you just love it when non-vegetarians enjoy what they consider is "vegetarian" food?

 
At January 29, 2008 4:42 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The tofu looks really delicious.

Krys

 
At February 06, 2008 12:01 PM, Blogger Carla said...

Nice. I really liked this recipe, too. Good to have some tofu ready.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home