Monday, October 23, 2006

Chickpea Salad Sammich, part deux!

Chickpea Salad Sammich!
For 21 years, I have been vegetarian, and somehow I have never made nor eaten a chickpea salad sandwich. Hummus, yes. Plenty of oodles of heaps of hummus. Never chickpea salad.

Oh, what I was missing!

I guess I took myself as a Chickpea Purist, eating my salad-like chickpeas in a bean salad, plain or on a green salad. Something about adding mayo and mushing them up seemed, well, unneccesary. How wrong I was!

I used a whole can of chickpeas, eyeballed an adequate amount of Vegenaise, 2 squirts of horseradish dijon mustard, lots of freshly ground black pepper and a chopped garlic dill pickle. The mush was spread onto a whole wheat flax tortilla, wrapped with some lettuce and a sprinkling of cayenne. Sandwich number one went down so quickly that I barely remember it. The only proof is the photo above. So, of course I had to have another.

Tasty as heck.


6 Comments:

At October 23, 2006 9:00 PM, Blogger stagflation said...

I'm going to make your tempeh sandwich, methinks, but I'm going to try this one out in a non-cookalong way, too.

 
At October 24, 2006 12:14 AM, Blogger Ruthie said...

I like your haircut, mishka. :-)

 
At October 24, 2006 8:59 AM, Blogger Carla said...

I got groceries to make that last night, too. But I fell asleep before 7pm, without supper!

 
At October 24, 2006 10:04 AM, Blogger mishka said...

aw - poor sleepy Carla :)

Ruthie - thanks!

Is it bad that I ate the entire bowl of chickpea mash by myself last night?

 
At October 24, 2006 9:34 PM, Blogger Ruthie said...

Hmm no. If you were hungry... and it filled you up... and you didn't puke it later, me thinks you're good. :-)

 
At October 26, 2006 6:24 PM, Blogger gwern said...

hee! i ate the whole dang bowl of it afterwards too. doh. btw, i don't think you could be any cuter in that picture.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home