Thursday, June 29, 2006

My mouth is burning!

Tonight was the night!

To make things easier for our lazy selves, we bought a pre-peeled and pre-cut squash. Since there was less than the recipe called for, we added a couple of chopped carrots to the mix. And our grocery store was out of jalapeƱos, so we used a smallish cubanelle pepper.

the sqaush is cooking...

Here, the orange vegetables are playing together nicely.


the stewed vegetables...

As for the garlic, well, we've pretty much established that many of us do not fear the bulb. I added 4 cloves in the beginning, then another clove once the cooking was almost done. I also added 2 teaspoons of thai curry paste instead of 1. And the juice of 1.5 limes.

But then I made a bold move: 2 tablespoons of peanut butter.


silly boy...

Silly boy.


adding the noodles...

Before adding the whole wheat linguine, I chopped the whole bunch of cilantro which amounted to almost a full cup, and added it all to the sauce.


Voila!

The final masterpiece.

I did not have high expectations for this dish after reading some of the comments, but I was intrigued by the possibilities of it.

The verdict: we both loved it!!

The boy said: a little too much cilantro and thai curry sauce and not enough peanut butter. But, overall, he really, really liked it! And so did I! I even love the amount of cilantro I added. I have crept into the kitchen twice since typing this to sneak a couple of forksful from the leftovers in the wok.

I think this recipe is a keeper!


ETA: the boy has just filled his bowl with more spicy saucy noodles! And he also got a glass of chocolate soymilk. Silly boy.

1 Comments:

At July 09, 2006 9:30 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

that looks super yummy! pb=great idea!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home