Friday, June 23, 2006

Green Teeth and Garlic Breath

My turn! I dutifully acquired the lovely heads:

I used a little fresh basil and a little dried, because I was too cheap to buy a full head of basil at the store. As a consequence, I gutted this poor plant:

It was kind of hard to take care of anyway. I'll keep watering it, and if it grows back, more power to it. I think I need to try again with the fresh herb cultivation.

Check out the steamy goodness!

This was really easy to make, so much so that I also made Tabbouleh and a strawberry dessert at the same time, not because I wanted them all to go together but because I am new to buying produce and I totally overbought a bunch of things I didn't want to go to waste.

Here is the finished product over whole wheat linguine:

I admit it didn't look like much in anyone's pictures, and it doesn't look that thrilling here, but it is OH SO GOOD. I put two cloves of garlic, some ground flax seeds, and plenty of olive oil in mine, and this was gobbled up fast. I had enough left over to fill a pesto-style container from the store. I am looking forward to sharing this with my roommates, who I think will enjoy it.


UPDATE: I used pine nuts. They really give it a nice kick. Doesn't it look like other "herbs" could easily be mingled in to this dish? (joke.)

4 Comments:

At June 23, 2006 8:25 AM, Blogger Carla said...

Good job Kelly, great pictures! Lucky roommates!

 
At June 23, 2006 9:32 AM, Blogger Michelle said...

Hi -- Nice to meet ya and see your cookin!

Adding flax seeds sounds like such a great and munchy and healthy idea. And what a neato processor you have there. I never saw one like that!

(Haven't done yoga in a bit, but I always love the warrior poses!)

 
At June 23, 2006 9:33 AM, Blogger Michelle said...

p.s. I was going to post the next challenge, but I think I'll wait till the afternoon to allow this post more "air time" and see if there is anyone else left who has broccoli to share...

 
At June 23, 2006 9:42 AM, Blogger mishka said...

Looks great! I love linguine - great pasta choice. I agree with Michelle - nice idea with the flax seeds. What kind of nut did you use?

Looking forward to seeing any others, and to the next round of cooking!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home