Monday, June 19, 2006

Green mush of goodness

I had decided on Friday that this would be Sunday night's dinner. So I bought the ingredients I needed on Friday and patiently awaited Sunday evening to give 'er a go.

IMG_1370.JPG

I *do* have a bamboo steamer, which I whined for a few years ago until I got it. And I've never used it. Instead, I used my electric rice/vegetable steamer.


IMG_1367.JPG

While the broccoli steamed, I placed the rest of the ingredients into the processor. Since I don't have light miso, I used the red type that I have in the fridge. Also, I used 2 cloves of garlic but, in hindsight, I should have used 3. Everything else was as the instructions stated. Which is odd for me because I usually mess with recipes.


IMG_1378.JPG

Voila!


IMG_13

I asked the boy if he wanted the pesto as crostini on sourdough or on pasta. He chose pasta, so when the world cooled down at about 8:30 I cooked up some whole wheat rotini with sun-dried tomatoes, more broccoli and baby spinach, and tossed it with the pesto.

I liked it. It needed more garlic. The boy had an "it's okay" response. Perhaps it would have been better if I used that "love" ingredient that Michelle used.

4 Comments:

At June 19, 2006 8:43 AM, Blogger Carla said...

That looks pretty dang good! Looks better than "ok" to me. Smart to add spinach and sundried tomatoes. Good stuff! I better get cooking!

 
At June 19, 2006 9:02 AM, Blogger Michelle said...

Yeah, I really love that you added the sundried tomatoes and more vegetables. Makes it a more rounded out meal, I think. And yours definitely seems to be more "stuck together" -- maybe its the nutritional yeast that does the trick?

I scared all the city vampires away with my garlic breath last night!

 
At June 19, 2006 10:52 PM, Blogger mishka said...

heh. The garlic did permeat. Whoo... I needed a piece o'gum after lunch! re: stuck togetherness, I'm not sure what the difference would be. Coulda been the nutritional yeast. Or coulda been the whiskey.

Pesto update: it is tasty on baked potato.

 
At June 21, 2006 10:50 PM, Blogger vania said...

i love the sun-dried tomato idea! i also had a few garlics in there and wow is my mouth begging for a new taste! the vibrant green kicks my ass, though!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home