Friday, October 06, 2006

I cheated!

I really, really wanted to participate this week since I am in love with perogies.

But I've been going to school 30 hours a week and working 30 hours a week and now I have a cold on top of all that...so, no time, no energy....

But you guys got me craving perogies, so I thought the least I could do was grab a bag of the frozen ones. Here are potato and onion perogies, which I sauteed with lots of onions, sauerkraut, fake ham slices, and served with paprika, parsley, and a faux sour cream I got from a recipe at Vegweb.com. The sour cream wasn't impressive - I'll have to keep looking for recipes for a nummy one. I'll give the meal a 9 out of 10 though because it was great except for the sour cream ;)


2 Comments:

At October 06, 2006 7:27 PM, Blogger Carla said...

Good compromise! Though you did go to work at cutting all those vegetables. Good comfort food for a busy gal like you!

I get Tofutti Sour Supreme, it's fake sour cream and it never disappoints, though it's probably cheaper and healthier to make it from scratch. Maybe that would be a good cookalong recipe...vegan sour cream or mayo...speaking of which, we don't have a new recipe for this week yet....anyone? I'm off to Quebec for the (Canadian) long weekend shortly, will be in no-computer land.

 
At October 06, 2006 9:55 PM, Blogger Kat said...

I think our next vegan cookoff thing should be something Thanksgivingy, like pumpkin pie :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home