Saturday, September 02, 2006

Vegan Cook-a-Long

Hey vegan kiddos!

Well, I made the pakoras and the peach cobbler. I tried baking the pakoras like ya'll did, but the texture turned out completely wrong for me. Next time I'll deep-fry them and hopefully they'll be better.

The peach cobbler, I cut the recipe in half, and cheated by using a two pound can of sliced peaches, which worked out fine. I didn't like the cobbler, though - with the maple syrup, cinnamon, ginger, and citrus, it just had too many flavours going on at once. I think next time I would omit all of that stuff and just use straight-up peaches and sugar.

I did take photos of both of these, but I've decided against posting them since neither recipe actually turned out well for me. I just harvested the beets from my garden though so I'll give the borscht a try and hopefully will have better luck!

2 Comments:

At September 02, 2006 7:04 PM, Blogger michelleknits said...

Lucky you! (beets in your garden!) Do you guys have rutabagas in season yet? I didn't see any at the farmer's market... (i'm in Oregon)

Another question: do you think I could use "seasoned rice vinegar" instead of apple cider vinegar?

 
At September 02, 2006 8:59 PM, Blogger Carla said...

Oh ya, I long to have a garden of beets someday! Lucky Kat!

Sometimes my food photos aren't too impressive either, but I post them anyhow. Mine often have a yellow tinge, might be the lighting in my apt.

Anyhow, glad you're having fun in the kitchen and the garden!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home