Thursday, July 27, 2006

Hot Tofu and Curried Apple Sandwich


Hi guys! I'm Kat and I wandered over from www.veganrepresent.com . I just bought a digital camera so I'm really excited to be able to participate in the vegan cooking communities now :)

Anyways, today I made the Hot Tofu and Curried Apple Sandwiches recipe. Sorry it's way late but I haven't had the energy or inclination to make a loaf this week.

I was nervous to make this recipe because I've had bad luck with another recipe from that website, but the sandwich turned out much better than I expected. I'm still trying to decide whether or not I really liked it, though. I think that if I were to make it again, I would slice the tofu a bit thinner and marinate or bread it with something flavourful.

The only changes I made to the recipe were to quarter the recipe, and, instead of topping it with breadcrumbs, I put another slice of bread on top and grilled it.

The measurements for quartering are as follows:

1/4 lb tofu
1/4 cup soy mayo
1/4 heaping teaspoon curry powder
pinch of salt and pepper
1/4 cup diced apple
3 tbsp diced celery
2 tbsp diced green onion
4 slices of bread
1 tbsp of parsley

Technically this was supposed to make two sandwiches, but it just made the one - which worked out perfectly since I was the only one eating!

3 Comments:

At July 28, 2006 1:35 AM, Blogger michelleknits said...

mmm, memories (that was a good sandwich!)

 
At July 28, 2006 9:55 AM, Blogger mishka said...

Hey Kat! I agree with marinating or breading the tofu. It'd make it much tastier.

 
At July 28, 2006 8:47 PM, Blogger Carla said...

Grilled instead of broiled, that's a good idea!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home